Bangladesh Seed Congress-2023
It is with great pleasure that Bangladesh Seed Association in association with the Ministry of Agriculture, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh is going to organize “Bangladesh Seed Congress-2023”. The Congress will be held from 11-13 February 2023, for three days, at Bangabandhu International Conference Centre, Agargaon, Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka. This seed congress will be held with the participation of various organizations including reputed seed companies, seed dealers, research institutes, seed associations of different countries, International Development Organizations, Agricultural Universities, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Industry, Ministry of Planning. It is expected that the Honorable Prime Minister of the People's Republic of Bangladesh, Sheikh Hasina will inaugurate the Seed Congress-2023.
Aims and Objectives of Seed Congress-2023
- To unravel the potential of private seed sector in achieving the SDG within the given time frame alongside the government initiatives.
- Increasing agricultural productivity through quality seeds in order to address the impact of ever decreasing arable land, adverse effects of rapidly changing hostile climate, infestation of new pests and diseases, the prevalence of geopolitical challenges etc.
- Removal of existing barriers to ensure safe supply and availability of seeds in international markets.
- To increase relationship with various research, development and financing institutions at domestic, regional and international levels for amplified support.
- Encouraging foreign investment through joint venture with various foreign companies in seed research, production, processing, storage and marketing.
- To harmonize the Seed Policy, Act and Rules conducive for development of Seed Sector.
Stalls and Pavilions
- The seed institutes will have stalls and pavilions to demonstrate techniques and technologies in research, production, processing, storage, seed testing labs, seed health labs, biotech labs, tissue culture labs and to display innovative varieties, packaging and marketing.
- There is a plan to allocate 50 stalls and 8 pavilions. Each stall size will be 3mX3m and the pavilion will be 7mX5m. Rental of each stall is Tk.30,000/- (US$300.00) with 1 Delegate Free for 3 days for and Tk.2,00,000/- (US$2,000.00) for pavilion with 4 Delegates Free respectively.
Initially 40 trading tables have been arranged for business development of local and foreign companies through private meetings. Tk.20,000/ (US$200.00) will be charged for 3 days for each trading table. The trading tables will be placed in separate halls of the convention center.
National and International Seminars
- Presentation on Challenges of global climate change, disease and insect prevalence in different countries.
- Status of Conservation and Protection of Plant Variety and Genetic Resources, IP and Copyright Protection etc. in the Asia Pacific Region.
- Presentation of articles of local and foreign companies based on crops including hybrid rice, corn, seed potatoes, vegetables.
- Presentations by renowned seed researchers of different countries on modern breeding techniques.
- Presentation on the initiatives under PPP for different development projects and implementation.
- Presentation on the opportunities and constraints of seed export and ensuring safe supply of seeds and international markets.
- Opportunities and threats of developing of seed industry in joint venture with foreign companies.
- Status paper on National Seed Policy, Seed Act and Seed Regulations in the context of regional and international perspective.
- Ministry of Agriculture and various institutions under it like BARC, BARI, BRRI, BINA, BADC, SRDI, SCA, BADC, DAE, BJRI, CDB, AIS, DAM, BWMRI, BSRI, BMDA.
- Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Planning, Ministry of Finance etc.
- FtF USAID Policy Activity/ DAI & Other International Development Organizations and International Research Organizations.
- Local and foreign seed companies.
Invited foreign institutions
IRRI, WVC, ISTA, FAO, WB/IFC, ADB, USAID, Swiss Contact, AFE, DANIDA, JICA, SNV, APSA, APAARI, ISF, NSAI, CSTA, CSA, THASTA, KOSA, JSTA, etc.
Sponsorship of Bangladesh Seed Congress will be as follows:
- Platinum Sponsor: Tk. 8,00,000/- (US$8,000.00) - 4 Stalls and 10 Delegates Registration Free
- Gold Sponsor: Tk. 5,00,000/- (US$5,000.00) - 3 Stalls and 5 Delegates Registration Free
- Silver Sponsor: Tk. 3,00,000/- (US$3,000.00) - 2 Stalls and 3 Delegates Registration Free
Delegate Registration: Registration Fee Per Person
- Delegate (Local): Tk. 2,000/-
- Delegate (Foreign) US$100.00
Advertisement in the Souvenir
- Back Page: Tk. 3,00,000/-
- Inner Front Page: Tk. 1,50,000/-
- Inner Back page: Tk. 1,50,000/-
- Full Page: Tk. 50,000/-
- Half Page: Tk. 30,000/-